Don’t let Swimmer’s Ear spoil your summer fun!
An article on the CDC’s website on Swimmer’s Ear/Healthy Swimming offers tips on how to protect yourself and your family. You can also get their Print and Go Fact Sheet by clicking here.
Here are some highlights of things you can do to prevent Swimmer’s Ear:
* Dry your ears after swimming – with a towel or cloth
* Tilt your head to each side for excess water to drain
* Use earplugs or a swimming cap to keep water out of the ears
* Don’t use cotton swabs to dry the ears
* A hair dryer on a low setting can be used to dry out the ears
We want you to have a fun-filled summer and not worry about Swimmer’s Ear. If you would like more information or have questions, give us a call at 727-323-2471.
Susan E. Terry, Au.D., F-AAA, F-NAP
Doctor of Audiology
P.S. We are here to help if you have any questions about your hearing, feel free to give us a call at 727-323-2471