June is Men’s Health month and we are encouraging all men to get a routine hearing test as a part of your health regimen for a healthy lifestyle.
Did you know that men are more likely to suffer from hearing loss than women?
Here are 5 reasons you want to get a hearing test:
1. Your hearing may say something about your heart. Hearing health and Cardiovascular are linked.
2. Hearing loss is about twice as common in people with diabetes. Those 60 and younger are at greater risk.
3. Addressing hearing loss may benefit cognitive function. Research shows a link between hearing loss and dementia.
4. Hearing loss is tied to sleep apnea. Research shows that sleep apnea is significantly associated with hearing loss at both high and low frequencies.
5. Hearing loss is tied to depression. Studies show that hearing loss is associated with an increased risk of depression in adults of all ages.
Research shows that by addressing hearing loss it can help protect your earnings and you are able to communicate more effectively in most situations. Safeguard your wellbeing and quality of life and address hearing loss.
Give us a call to schedule a hearing test at 727-323-2471.
Susan E. Terry, Au.D., F-AAA
Doctor of Audiology
P.S. We are here to help, if you have any questions about your hearing feel free to give us a call at 727-323-2471.