Of course, you want to store your aids in a safe place. But where is that?
1. Do not keep your hearing aids in the bathroom. It is too damp and in a cluttered area, it is easily knocked onto the floor, or worse.
2. Do not ever wrap anything of value in Kleenex. It will get thrown away.
3. Do not leave the aids where pets and children have access to them. (Yes, even your wonderful, well-behaved pet will eat them).
4. Don’t randomly set them down. They will get lost.
5. Have a container that you can use to keep your hearing aids in. It could be the box that came with them or your favorite crystal box.
6. Your night table is not a good place for them either. Sometimes things get knocked off night tables.
7. If you always put them in the same spot, they won’t get lost.
8. A good place is a desk or dresser, high enough to protect your aids from pets and children. If you have cats, the best place is inside a closed drawer.
If you would like more information, give us a call at 727-323-2471.
Susan E. Terry, Au.D., F-AAA, F-NAP
Doctor of Audiology
P.S. We are here to help if you have any questions about your hearing feel free to give us a call at 727-323-2471