Bluetooth technology is new to many of our patients. It can be difficult to understand. When it works, it’s great! When it doesn’t work right it is annoying.
1. We cannot connect your flip phone to your hearing aids via Bluetooth. The phone does not have the necessary software to connect.
2. You can only be connected to one Bluetooth device at a time. You cannot connect to your IPhone or your IPad at the same time. You can pair your hearing aids with both devices, but the hearing aids will only communicate with one device at a time.
3. If you are making a call and streaming via Bluetooth to your phone, you can still control the volume of the call with the up and down buttons on the side of your phone. Do not use the app to control the volume.
4. We can do more with an IPhone than and Android. Hopefully, this will change in the near future. If you want to use the full Bluetooth capabilities of your hearing devices, use an IPhone.
5. I am happy to pair any new cell phone to your hearing devices. For an IPhone, you will need your Apple user ID and password. If you don’t know what they are, contact your cellphone provider.
6. If you are having difficulty using your cellphone and hearing aids, turn your phone off and back on again. This usually fixes the problem.
7. You can also stream music, podcasts, and audiobooks via your cellphone.
8. The more streaming you do, the faster the batteries run down. The hearing aids use more power when streaming.
9. Most manufacturers have help lines for Bluetooth connectivity issues. Please let us know if you would like the 800 number.
If you still have questions, give us a call. Technology is evolving constantly and sometimes I need a little help also. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It is my job to help you hear better in all situations!
We are here to help if you or a family member is having any difficulties with hearing, hearing aids, or Tinnitus please give us a call at 727-323-2471 and set up an appointment. We can help you.
Susan E. Terry, Au.D., F-AAA, F-NAP
Doctor of Audiology
P.S. We are here to help if you have any questions about your hearing, feel free to give us a call at 727-323-2471