Learn About the Causes and Effects of Tinnitus.
What are Causes of Tinnitus?
- Hearing Loss
- Trauma – Head Injury
- Excessive Noise
- Traumatic brain injury
- Lyme disease
- Thyroid disorders
- Ototoxic drugs
What are the Effects of Tinnitus?
- Inability to Relax
- Loss of Sleep
- Lack of concentration
- Feeling irritable
- Sensitivity to Loud Sounds – hyperacusis
- Interferes with the enjoyment of life
- Feeling of frustration with life
- Avoiding quiet and/or noisy location
- Negative Impact of work, family & social life
Understanding what Tinnitus is
Learn more at Tinnitus Practitioners Association.