This is a bad idea for several reasons:
* Even though you are stuck at home, there are still things to hear.
* Your brain works better when you can hear well.
* Your family would appreciate not having to yell at you or listen to a blaring television. Remember, the hearing aids are for your family as much as they are for you.
* You are more likely to develop dementia if you cannot hear well. New studies indicate hearing aids reverse this.
* You are 40% more likely to fall if you cannot hear well. You certainly don’t want to have to go to the emergency room during the pandemic.
I could go on with more reasons to wear your hearing aids, but I think you understand where I am coming from. You would not have been fit with hearing aids if you didn’t need them. If you are having difficulties with your hearing aids, give us a call. We are here to help, even during the pandemic.
If you or a family member is having any difficulties with hearing or hearing aids, please give us a call at 727-323-2471 and set up an appointment. We can help you.
Susan E. Terry, Au.D., F-AAA, F-NAP
Doctor of Audiology
P.S. We are here to help if you have any questions about your hearing, feel free to give us a call at 727-323-2471